PEOPLE ARE PODCASTING. JOIN THEM.
Buy my new eBook - "Afraid to Start a Podcast" ($5)
There are over 2 million podcasts and 48 million episodes, and no shortage of listeners.
- 50% of all US homes are podcast fans (Nielsen, Aug 2017)
- 55% (155 million) of the US population has listened to a podcast – up from 51% in 2019 (Infinite Dial 20)
- 37% (104 million) listened to a podcast in the last month – up from 32% in 2019 (Infinite Dial 20)
- 24% (68 million) listen to podcasts weekly – up from 22% in 2019 (Infinite Dial 20)
- 16 million people in the US are “avid podcast fans” (Nielsen Q1 2018)
If you like listening, you're in big company. If you want to start your own podcast - there's never been a better time. And it's never been easier and more affordable to get your voice out there. The only thing stopping you is ... you!
PODCASTS HAPPEN. NOW MAKE YOURS.
I was a podcast fan for 15 years before I finally decided to take the plunge in 2020 (and what a year to start). After two years I am far from a success story, but I am heard in nearly 100 countries and 4,000 cities worldwide. And my numbers grow every year - I had a 50% bump in episode downloads in Year 2 and expect greater growth going forward.
More than a few people have asked, "How do you do it? Is it hard? How much does it cost? When can I expect to make money?" So rather than respond one at a time, I've decided to tackle the subject in a single episode (coming soon) and a companion eBook you can purchase now.
"Most people that I know are interested in on-demand stuff; podcasts are essentially audio Netflix." - Jordan Harbinger
AFRAID TO START A PODCAST? FEAR NOT!
This 21-page eBook covers the high points with links to a plethora of information, resources and equipment to get you out of the gate faster than <insert your favorite sprinter here>. Check out my episode titled "Afraid of Starting Your Own Podcast" and get the eBook. You'll have a ready resource covering:
- Picking a podcast platform
- How to create cover art
- Audio intro and outro
- Which digital audio workstation (DAW) to choose
- Which online interview platform to pick
- Audio sweetening - fastest, painless ways to improve your sound
- Wacky Sound Effects
- Episode Art
- When to start your show
- How to get guests
- How much time to spend editing
- How to survive imposter syndrome and downloads depression
- Whether to have a website, and which service to use
- How much does it cost to start and keep it going
- When to quit
“The stars will never align, and the traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. The universe doesn't conspire against you, but it doesn't go out of its way to line up the pins either. Conditions are never perfect. 'Someday' is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. Pro-and-con lists are just as bad. If it's important to you and you want to do it 'eventually,' just do it and correct course along the way.” - Tim Ferriss
ONE CLICK AWAY FROM YOUR GLOBAL AUDIENCE...
More than 50% of U.S. households listen to podcasts - that's over 60 million homes. Now multiply across the globe where there are roughly 400 million monthly podcast listeners - a number expected to reach 425 million in 2022.
People want to tune in to good content. Get them to listen to yours. Check out my episode and then get the eBook. Your audience awaits!